Royal Life Saving Society
RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme; (DEFRA 1)
Occupational Water Safety – Protect your employees with the National Water Safety Management Programme. Recent floods, following on from a recent spate of summer drowning’s, have focused attention on the need for employers to provide appropriate workplace training in line with statutory and civil obligations.
RLSS UK has responded to employers’ needs by developing the NWSMP. Endorsed by the Health and Safety Executive, the Programme is also fully compliant with the DEFRA framework - the UK guide for flood resilience and management.
NWSMP challenges perceptions about water safety, informs about the specific nature of water-based hazards and cross matches to sensible, practical control options – linked to in-house management systems. As well as a strong focus on preventative measures, the awards also teach emergency response skills.
Birmingham & Midland Marine Services can offer you a tailor-made course, building upon the Level 1 ‘Water Awareness’ (Foundation level) module. If we can discuss your working environment by email or telephone we can advise upon a suitable and relevant programme of training to your companies / organisation's exact needs.
Who is NWSMP for?
Anyone who works or could potentially work near water, including those who might be involved in emergency management. This includes a range of workforces such as;
We can provide bespoke water safety training courses for the construction, civil engineering, rail, utilities, events, maintenance, environmental, emergency services and military sectors.
Birmingham & Midland Marine Services offer:
- 'Water Awareness module - Guided Learning' (Foundation level)- £80.00 per candidate.
- 'Still Water' module: Canal based with live 'casualty' rescue training - £80.00 per candidate.
- 'Still Water' module: Canal based without live 'casualty' rescue training - £40.00 per candidate.
- 'River' module - £40.00 per candidate
- 'In Water Rescue’ module - £40.00 per candidate.
- ‘Aquatic PPE module - £40.00 per candidate.
- ‘Flood Awareness’ module - £40.00 per candidate.
- In Water Skills’ session - £40.00 per candidate.
- In water equipment hire – buoyancy aid, boots, drysuit & helmet - £40.00 per candidate.
- Life jacket hire - £10.00 per candidate.
To discuss designing a bespoke course for your company or organisation please contact us for further information. Discounts on group bookings available.
Click here to download the syllabus or contact us for further information.
Click here to go back to the training page